5 Best Budget Vacations
Many times vacations can turn stressful due to the incredible costs of some locales. Given that, we would like to speak to 5 wonderful areas around the United States that can and are very affordable while still bringing the fun factor on at level 10.
- Branson, MO. – Of all the places we have visited over the years, nothing comes close to the fun factor versus the dollar of Branson. Nestled in the Ozark mountains in southwest Missouri, Branson is one of the most ideal places to take your family for an affordable time. Branson features a huge amusement park (Silver Dollar City), incredible restaurants, live entertainment, and numerous lakes. With its central location to the rest of the United States it is ideally one of the best places in America for a family reunion.
- Wisconsin Dells – If waterparks are your thing (and what kid doesn’t love water parks?) Wisconsin Dells has to be on your bucket list for family destinations. Named “The Waterpark Capital of the World!” Wisconsin Dells is just perfect for creating lifetime memories on a budget. For the motorcycle enthusiast in your family, the Harley Davidson Museum is one hour away and gives the visitor a great glimpse through time of America’s iconic motorcycle.
- Panama City – Florida is on EVERYONE’S bucket list. If spending a maniacal amount of money is no problem you can always go to Orlando and blow through 10 grand in nothing flat. But if staying on a budget, having a blast, and finding more to do in a week than you could do in a year Panama City is just the ticket. Located at the top of Florida on the panhandle, Panama City is the perfect mix of the Gulf Of Mexico, affordable lodging, and diverse food. Probably the best and most affordable seafood restaurants we have ever eaten at we located in Panama City.
- A little to the west of Panama City is Gulf Shores, Alabama. This city made our top 5 because the waters are just incredible and the prices for seaside lodging are very affordable. Throw in a first rate water park, affordable chartered fishing and a wide variety of restaurants makes Gulf Shores a Top 5 contender on just about anyone’s list. One small note worth mentioning – if you are there during the National Shrimp Festival, you are in for a real treat.
- Pigeon Forge – If zip lines, amusement parks or botanical gardens are your thing, Pigeon Forge is the place to be. Of the 5 cities on this list it is the most expensive but still is affordable by national standards. HUGE attractions abound for this jewel located in the Appalachian mountains of eastern Tennessee. Summertime traffic can also be a bit daunting but the tourists and locals are very friendly and accommodating. The best part? Your family will get a lifetime of memories and you will still have plenty of cash left over for photo albums to store your memories.